This Bonfire Fondant Cupcake Topper is perfect for BBQ picnic desserts or even for a Boy Scout party! This is an easy tutorial with step by step instructions so you can make your own camping cupcakes!
Earlier I showed you an easy tutorial for how to make S’mores Fondant Cupcake Toppers. What I also shared, was sneak peeks at some of the other designs that fit perfectly with the camping theme- like these Bonfire Fondant Cupcake Toppers!
I promise, these are just as easy to make as the s’mores ones! Most shapes can be broken down into easy, manageable pieces and I’m going to show you exactly how to do that so you can be ready for your next camping themed birthday party!
Bonfire Fondant Cupcake Toppers
Links may be affiliate links and I will earn a small commission if you purchase the item. Your price never changes, though!
Directions to Make Fondant Cupcake Toppers:
1) Roll your brown fondant into a log about the diameter of a Tootsie Roll. Cut into 1″ segments. You will need 2 segments for each bonfire, so determine how many cupcakes you have total and then multiply by 2.
2) Using the photo below as a guide, put a small dot of water in the center of one of the logs and then criss-cross it on top of a 2nd log. Press down slightly with your thumb in the center of the two logs. It looks a little goofy when it is flattened like that, but it will help your bonfire sit flat and be more stable.
3) Roll out your orange and yellow fondant separately into 2 thin logs. These should be significantly thinner than your brown logs were. I made my yellow fondant a hair thicker than the orange fondant just because of personal preference.
4) Loosely twist your orange and yellow fondant together into a rope.
5) Fold it in half and gently twist it together again. At this point, if you like the way it looks, you can stop. I folded in half again and twisted one more time.
During your last fold and twist, gently shape it into the shape of the fire, so that one end is narrow and more pointed and one end forms the wide base.
6) Trim any loose ends you may have so that the base is wide and flat. Put a small dab of water on the bottom of the fire and press it into the center of your logs.
Then just frost your cupcakes with the buttercream and gently press the bonfire into the center of the cupcake!
I used a large, open hole tip to pipe my frosting. You don’t want to pipe it into too high of a peak so I kept my swirl pretty low and gave the bonfire fondant cupcake topper a fairly flat service to lay on.
They come together incredibly quickly since you can make one long log of each color and then just cut off what you need for each individual cupcake!
Very easy and goes perfectly with the s’mores fondant cupcake toppers! Such a fun theme for a Boy Scout or Girl Scout party, a birthday party or even just a camping trip with friends and family!
Be sure to pin this tutorial so you have it ready the next time you need some camping cupcakes!